Although we are currently closed in line with the latest national restrictions we are taking bookings for 2021
If you have dates you would like to check please contact us and we shall do our best to accommodate your requirements
LATEST COVID-19 GUIDELINES
WE HAVE POSITIVE NEWS AT LAST
Following the latest announcement from the Prime Minister we are now able to reopen on July 4th, if you would like to check availability please call or send us an email with your requirements
There are still a number of preventative and safety measures that will need to be followed but this is great news both for us and you our guests.
If you already have a booking with us you will shortly be receiving the additional guidelines and T's and C's that we have implemented as part of our Covid19 Safe Strategy.
We are taking bookings but as you will appreciate demand is very high so please be patient whilst we work our way through the high volume of calls and emails.
Once again, thank you to you all for your valued support and understanding over the past 4 months. These will still be challenging times for us all as we learn to adapt to a 'new normal' but we are confident with the cooperation of our amazing guests we can make it as seamless as possible
We can't wait to welcome you back
During the PM's statement on 10th May he outlined the country's 'road map' to recovery. During this statement it was suggested the July 4th would be the date that parks may be allowed to reopen whilst following all the necessary precautionary measures to keep guests, staff and the wider community safe.
Here at Overbrook we remain cautiously optimistic that this will be the case and this is the date we are working towards to get back up and running. Of course this phase of recovery for the country depends on a number of important criteria being met and we await clear and concise guidance from the Government to help us best prepare for the welcome return of our guests
If you have dates you would like checking for later in the year please send the details of any enquiry directly to
Coronavirus Updates – 19.05.20
You will already know that we made the very difficult decision to close Overbrook voluntarily prior to the Government’s decision to close all parks within the UK. We felt that this was the responsible course of action to take to protect our guests, our staff, our family and of course the wider community with whom we have a wonderful relationship.
For us personally, the past two months have been extremely difficult and upsetting in many ways nevertheless our view on this decision remains the same for the benefit of everyone.
Overbrook remains closed and all bookings up to the end of June have now been cancelled. Those of you who had a booking within this time frame will have received an email outlining the choices available to you. We are extremely grateful that the majority of our wonderful guests have kindly left their deposits in place to use towards a future booking or have already booked alternative dates. We cannot thank you enough for your support as this will mean we are able to carry on until such a time we can re-open fully. If you have not already booked alternative dates, either for 2020 or 2021, please email the details to us and we shall be happy to look at availability for you
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 10th May, it has become clear that campsites will not be permitted to open before July 4th at the earliest, this is of course still dependent on several factors and is still subject to change. We continue to monitor the advice and guidance daily and will publish the latest information as and when it becomes available to us, we thank you all in advance for your patience. You can of course visit the Government's own Coronavirus website for guidance - Link Below
Of course, all of us remain cautious and diligent when it comes to the prevention of spreading Coronavirus and this must continue when parks begin to re-open across the UK. Here at Overbrook we will be ensuring that extra measures are in place to give all our visitor’s confidence whilst with us.
Many of these measures including others which may be introduced will be on the guidance of Government and medical professionals.
Some of these are likely to include, but are not restricted to
Alcohol Gel Dispensers at Key Locations Around the Park
Protective Screens in Reception/Limited Opening Times For Reception
Marked 2m Distancing Around Key Areas
Clear Signage to Reassure and Advise Guests of Prevention Measures
Actively Encouraging Guests to Use Their Own Facilities to Minimise Use of Communal Areas
If Showers Blocks Are Allowed to Be Used, Measures Will Be Taken to Increase Social Distancing
Balance Payments Prior To Arrival by Card or BACs
Guests Will Be Shown to Their Pitch Whilst Maintaining Safe Social Distancing
All these measures will also require the cooperation, understanding and support of our wonderful guests for maximum effect and efficiency
CAN I GO ON A CAMPSITE HOLIDAY NOW?
No! All UK campsites remain closed in accordance with Government guidelines
WHEN CAN WE GO AWAY TO A CAMPSITE?
The Government's COVID-19 Recovery Strategy (link below)says some accommodation businesses in England, including caravan parks, may be allowed to re-open from July 4th 2020 at the earliest providing certain conditions are met
WHAT IF I ALREADY HAVE A BOOKING AFTER JULY?
If your booking is from July onwards you don’t need to do anything. We do not, at this stage, intend to change any bookings after this time unless Government guidelines determine that extra steps need to be taken to ensure adequate social distancing.
WHAT HAPPENS IF LOCKDOWN IS EXTENDED BEYOND JULY?
We understand the battle against this terrible virus is extremely difficult and that circumstances could change. If your booking needs to be cancelled please don’t panic, your money is safe, and you will not lose your deposit. We are more than happy to move deposits on to future bookings in 2020 or 2021 if necessary.
WILL IT BE SAFE TO GO AWAY?
We are very much aware that following such a stressful and difficult time for us all you will be ready for some much needed downtime and relaxation. We know being outdoors in the fresh air enjoying the countryside is positive for our well-being and our mental health. Overbrook, like many other parks is well situated to facilitate natural social distancing, with the cooperation of our guests. We will continue to work hard to ensure that everything possible is done to ensure guests are safe whilst with us.
CAN I ALTER MY BOOKING IF I’M WORRIED ABOUT TRAVELLING?
Of course you can. We want guests to be able to come away and relax and enjoy their holiday. If you would rather move your booking to alternative dates we are happy to transfer your deposit for you
HOW COULD MY HOLIDAY DIFFER TO NORMAL?
In these changing times there will be certain aspects of your holiday and our operating procedures that may differ from your normal routine. Guests should be prepared to use their own facilities to maximise social distancing guidelines. Be aware at all times of other guests and adhere to the measures put in place by the park. You may be asked to limit the use of communal areas such as tourist information rooms and dishwash areas. The measures we put in place may be slightly inconvenient in comparison to normal but their sole purpose is to keep everyone safe and healthy which is our number one priority.
SHOULD I PURCHASE INSURANCE?
We always recommend that our guests take out travel insurance and you should check that the policy you choose would cover any cancellation brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic
We are now starting to take NEW bookings again for the remainder of 2020. We shall be implementing a variety of new strategies in line with Government guidance to keep our guests safe and to give them piece of mind during their stay.
Part of our new routine will include a minimum 48 hour turn around between a guests departure and a new arrival. This will provide adequate time for our housekeeping staff to complete a thorough deep clean of the cottage prior to the next guests arriving.
This new way of working will mean that arrival days may differ from the usual Friday or Saturday so please contact us with your preferred dates and we can advise which cottages and dates would suit you best.
THE COTTAGES ARE NOW CLOSED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
At this time we have no timescale of closure, this will depend fully on the advice of government
The well being and health of everyone MUST take priority in these circumstances. This is also our home, our children are now to be home schooled due to school closures for the foreseeable future. We cannot underestimate the challenges that face us as a family in the coming weeks and it would be unfair to both us, our children and you as guests not to take this into consideration.
We shall of course contact those guests with bookings and discuss the options available to them going forward. We shall contact all of those who contact us as quickly as we can, you will appreciate this is likely to be a very busy time for us. We will be publishing latest information on our Facebook page and via our website so please keep an eye on those. As we receive updates on our position we will publish these to the best of our ability and at the earliest opportunity.
This is a challenging time for everybody and we feel it important that we all remain unified to ensure we come through this with the best possible outcome. Your continued support will be very much appreciated
We are constantly monitoring the most recent updates and guidance provided by Government and industry leaders and we shall keep these updates posted on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/overbrookcaravanpark/ and website so please follow those if you are able.
We are aware that we may have a booking for you in the diary and that booking, and the deposits/monies paid are safe so please do not worry. Should the lock down period be extended so that your holiday is affected and cannot be taken we will be in touch to discuss the options available. We are kindly asking that where possible guests leave their deposits in place and transfer them to alternative bookings when it is safe for everyone to return to normal. We appreciate that depending on the time frame that may mean rebooking for 2021, we are happy to move deposits to next season if necessary.
Alternatively, of course, you may ask for a refund of your deposit.
We have been truly humbled by the kind words and incredible support from our guests and we want you to know how much we appreciate this
Darren & Natalie